Search + histats

Tuesday 21 February 2012

Versailles Exclusive with KAMIJO and TERU at V-ROCK FESTIVAL ’11 [interview]


Versailles Exclusive with KAMIJO and TERU at V-ROCK FESTIVAL ’11 [interview]



 
Following their return from another successful world tour, ROKKYUU met with KAMIJO and TERU of Versailles to talk about their memories of the tour.


69: Please introduce yourselves and what you think is the definitive point of your personal musical style.
KAMIJO: Bonjour. This is KAMIJO. My voice is very sweet.
TERU: I’m TERU, on guitar.

69: So, your overseas tour has been very successful, but it’s not your first time to go abroad. Do you feel more comfortable performing in Japan or overseas?
KAMIJO: Of course, performing in Japan is more comfortable, but performing overseas is something very important to us, it is like a challenge that we need to have.

69: Which country on the tour so far has been the most memorable?
KAMIJO: I really like Europe, but the most memorable place was Chile. It is unique and beautiful over there; the towns and buildings are much prettier than I had thought. I cannot forget the sight of it.

69: How about you, TERU?
KAMIJO: I know you love Taiwan.
TERU: Yeah. There are many things there that are similar to what we have in Japan, and it looks familiar. I like their food too.
KAMIJO: Speaking of food, the most delicious food I had overseas was Indian curry in London.

69: Indian curry in London? Was it different?
KAMIJO: I don’t think so, I think I was just really hungry and it was just so good. [Laugh]

69: Do you have any other memories to share of your overseas experience besides the performances?
KAMIJO: TERU gets homesick easily.
TERU: I do get homesick often. But it was only for 3 weeks this time, so I stopped thinking about it to ease my mind and I managed to get over it.

69: Was it hard to get over?
TERU: Actually, it wasn’t as hard as I had thought. [Laugh] I was able to deal with it.

69: Have you picked up any new words in foreign languages while touring this time?
KAMIJO: “You’re welcome.” [English]
TERU: ‘Thank you’ in Korean
KAMIJO: Don’t let him fool you! He is also good at telling fans that he loves them in Korean.
TERU: [Laugh]

69: How many languages can you speak?
KAMIJO: I haven’t studied any, but I always try to say something that the audience can understand. For example, I can say “Thank you” and “I love you” in a few languages. I can’t say that much, but a lot of people can understand English or Latin-based language.

69: Your costumes are always so beautiful. What is your concept this time? And what is your favorite part of the current costume?
KAMIJO: The colors are black, white and red for the current costume. These represent the darkness, the light and the rose that we have had as our concept for a long time now. For my costume, you might not see it at first, but it’s not just red. It is patterned with roses. Also, mine has a cape, and as there is always wind coming from the front of the stage, it will billow out. If the cape is too heavy though, it won’t flow well so I made it thin.
TERU: My costume has a medieval-theme, but I also made it modern. It is a little bit revealing; you can see my belly and legs so it’s a costume the audiences can enjoy.

69: We saw you play at the metal festival “Pure Rock Japan”. What was it like performing to a metal crowd?
KAMIJO: I think a lot of people describe us as roses. Metal music is like a rose’s thorn, and we were the petals amongst the thorns. I really liked that unique feeling. We enjoyed it very much.

69: What song would you recommend for people who have never heard Versailles before?
KAMIJO:
If you want a clear image of us, it would be “Philia”. It features twin leads, aggressive rhythms and my thrilling shouts. This song describes Versailles very well.
TERU: We have a song called “The Revenant Choir”. It is the first song we made after forming this band, and we have performed it many times, but it is one of our representative songs. The song has a great rock sound with a symphonic melody. Please have a listen.

69: YOHIO from Seremedy has called HIZAKI his big sister. What s it like having a little sister in Sweden?
TERU: He is studying Japanese very hard. I’m really wishing him good luck .
KAMIJO: I understand that there are difficulties when non-Japanese perform as visual kei bands because although they may get Japanese fans easily, they might have hard time finding fans outside of Japan. But [Seremedy] is recognized by Japanese fans, so please support them.

69: Finally, please give a message to ROKKYUU’s readers.
TERU: You might be surprised from looking at our photos, but just have a listen to us, and you’ll know our passions through our music. We will be on another world tour soon, so I am looking forward to seeing you all.
KAMIJO: I am very proud of performing as a visual kei band. From the CD jacket image and our costumes you can get a feel for our music. Take in that image, and please come to one of our live shows. Thank you very much for reading.



**********************

Gomen… (--__--) saia lagi males translate-in, mungkin lain kali saia translate hhhee..


1 comment: